This toolbox is a new website designed to help Researchers and Administrators navigate Human Resources processes related to hiring/appointing research staff and budgeting for grant applications. Users may log in to the Researcher Toolbox from any Western Human Resources web page under “Login Tools”.
What You Will Find
- Salary and benefit costs to assist with planning and budgeting for grant applications
- An overview of the types of staff research roles you may require (e.g. postdoctoral scholars, students, research support/technical, research professional)
- The differences between part-time, full- time, unionized and non-unionized roles
- Details on how to hire/appoint each type of research role at Western
- Resources related to welcoming and orienting new team members (including required training)
- Helpful contacts – who to reach out to for additional support and information
How to Access
- Sign in to the Researcher Toolbox from the Western Human Resources homepage under “Login Tools”, or
- We encourage you to bookmark the direct login page: www.uwo.ca/hr/researcher.html
The toolbox will also be accessible from various faculty websites, as well as from Research Western, Research Development & Services, and the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
If you have any questions, please contact Western Human Resources at 519-661-2194 or email@example.com.