SSHRC Impact Awards recognize outstanding researchers and celebrate their achievements in research, research training, knowledge mobilization and outreach activities funded partially or completely by SSHRC.
Award funds are to be used for activities that promote and extend the work being honoured. Award funds must be used within three years on activities promoting and extending the honoured work. Gold Medal funds must be used within one year. At least 10% must be used to promote recipient’s research achievements.
- Gold Medal ($100,000): SSHRC’s highest research honour. Recipients’ achievements in research will have significantly advanced understanding in their research fields in the social sciences and humanities.
- Insight Award ($50,000): Recognizes outstanding achievement arising from a research project funded partially or completely by SSHRC – It is given to an individual or team
- Connection Award ($50,000): Recognizes an outstanding SSHRC‑funded initiative to facilitate the flow and exchange of research knowledge within and/or beyond the academic community. It is given to an individual or team whose project has engaged the campus and/or wider community
- Partnership Award($50,000): Recognizes a SSHRC‑funded formal partnership for its outstanding achievement in advancing research, research training or knowledge mobilization, or developing a new partnership approach to research and/or related activities.
- Talent Award ($50,000): Recognizes outstanding achievement by an individual who, on March 6, 2018, holds a SSHRC doctoral or postdoctoral fellowship or scholarship(including, but not limited to, a Canada Graduate Scholarship, Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship or Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship).
Internal Process: * Anyone wishing to nominate a colleague or be considered for nomination must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to Julaine Hall in RDSE by January 24, 2019. An Expression of Interest will include:
- A draft letter (two-three pages) which outlines how you/your nominee meets the criteria outlined on the SSHRC Impact Award website
- an up-to-date CV (up to 10 pages) for the nominee (and each member of the team, if applicable).
All received submissions will be screened for eligibility and, in the case of multiple potential nominees in a given category, will be reviewed and ranked by the SSHRC ADR’s.
SSHRC Nomination Process:
- Institutional nomination letter and rationale (three pages maximum)
- Information Supporting the nomination
- Nominee’s SSHRC CV’s and disclosure forms, plus CVs of any co-applicants (up to six team members)
- Three letters of support (max 2 pages each) from referees.
January 24, 2019 –Internal deadline for submitting a notice of interest
April 1, 2019 –Final submission deadline
September 2019 –Results are announced
Further details and award guidelines can be found online: http://www.uwo.ca/research/excellence/awards/sshrc_impact.html